The signs of skin ageing are caused by intrinsic and extrinsic factors. Knowlegge of the causes contributes to create a natural approach in the prevention of skin ageing.
- Ultraviolet radiation is the extrinsic factor that most deteriore the underlying structure of the skin and accelerate its ageing;
- The reduction in collagen´s synthesis in the fibroblasts, the loss of density of collagen and dermal density is the main intrinsic factor of skin aging.
Fibroblasts are damaged because of the oxidative stress and inflammatory processes, reducing their metabolic capacity. Most local and systemic treatments try to increase collagen´s density in order to recuperate the internal skin´s structure and slow down its ageing.
The dermic matrix presents some structural components, being the collagen the most quantitative and qualitative one, playing an important role in skin´s texture and aspect of mature skin, whose ageing is inevitably linked to its reduction.
Collagen is a big size molecule that is not absorbed through the stratum corneum, but it has been shown that the hydrolyzed collagen oral intake can slow down skin aging, improving the density of collagen due to endogenous synthesis.
Most local and systemic treatments try to increase collagen´s density acting through the biochemistry of its cellular metabolism, in order to recover the internal skin´s structure and slow down its ageing.
The most effective strategy to treat or prevent the skin ageing process is taking a complete and integralsupplement as LUMINOUS SKINAGE® because:
- Optimize the endogenous synthesis of collagen;
- Provide essential and beneficial nutrients with antioxidant, anti-inflammatories and regenerating properties for the skin;
- Presents effective results within 4 weeks of treatment.